Storytelling training workshop in English in Hong Kong
Learn to use stories to influence people
In this storytelling course you will learn how to use stories to engage and influence people and express your personality and message.
Telling stories is one of the best verbal and written communication methods to make people think and take actions the way you want because of the indirect, hidden influential nature of stories that impact both the conscious and the subconscious mind.
In the workshop you will learn story telling techniques and strategies, practice talking about real events from your life, create fictional tales and anecdotes that you make up out of the blue.
Everybody tells stories every day. This storytelling skills training is especially useful for parents, managers and leaders, teachers, lawyers, speakers, writers, salespeople, advertisers, marketing staff, politicians and hypnotherapists.
Here are some skills and mindsets that you are going to develop:
- strategic thinking: in some type of storytelling exercises you need to know the end and plan the desired impact on your audience
- structural thinking: you need to chunk your longer stories into smaller units that you can present sequentially or nest into each other
- how to create catharsis and emotional impacts
- how to be credible and relatable
- how to influence people and make them take action or change behaviour
- creativity, imagination, fantasy
- humor - you will understand the major elements of funny stories and jokes
- using different perspectives - first, second and third person angels.
- associative thinking: in some exercises you will not plan the whole story in advance but you will get some words or ideas you need to steer your plot on the fly
- using metaphors
- good listening skills when you create a story with other people (e.g. the teacher). A person will tell a part of the story and you need to continue.
- improvisation skills