Learning skills developing course in Hong Kong
Learn how to learn quickly and effectively
This learning how to learn course helps you save a lot of time by teaching you effective learning strategies, mindsets, skills and techniques that you can use in any kind of learning like at school study, work, sport, art, technology, self-development etc.
Change in our daily lives is accelerating faster and faster. If you want to stay relevant at work, get a new job or promotion, pass exams at school with better grades, stay up-to-date with modern technology, acquire new knowledge and skills, learn new skills in art or sports, or just adapt to the daily changes, you should be able to learn very effectively and efficiently. It is about time, money and competitiveness.
There are huge differences between people when it comes to learning. Even without extreme cases, a slower learner may need 2 to 100 times more time to reach the same level than a person who learnt how to learn well. This translates into money and benefits in life.
Your learning speed and effectiveness is not your fix personality or talent. It can be improved.
Learning skills course training methods
This is a one-to-one or small group private course. The studying is in our classroom, face-to-face and in English.
We focus on learning transferable knowledge, mindsets and skills that you can apply in various learning situations. People who achieved success in a domain like sport, business, work, entertainment, athletics or academic field often can be very successful in a new field, too, because they know how to think, motivate themselves, how to stay focused for a along time, etc.
Learning has a nested hierarchical structure that most people never heard of or thought of. Some elements of this hierarchy from the lowest, simplest level to the highest, most powerful level:
- classical learning,
- associative learning,
- procedural learning,
- process learning,
- learning system building and optimization.
In the course we focus on the higher levels as well as various useful theories, principals, models, perspectives and skills.
Learn how to learn - optimise your learning system
Almost everybody, when it comes to learning, just start the training and focus on the skills, knowledge or subject they want to acquire.
However, the effectiveness of your learning depends on the system or matrix in which your progress takes place. This system has various elements. These system components and their interactions can be improved gradually and as a result, a much more effective learning emerges.
Here are some of components of your learning system:
- your body and health (if you are hungry, sleepy, ill, you cannot learn well), motor skills (for physical learning), stamina,
- your mental faculties, capabilities and states (concentration skills, self-motivation, memory, brain processing speed, comprehension skills, curiosity, open mindedness, pattern recognition, I.Q., creativity, habit change, planning, time management (goal and priority setting), willpower, self-discipline),
- your E.Q. and emotional state (self-confidence, stress, anxiety, excitement),
- communication and relationship skills (to get the best support from your classmates, coach, teacher, mentor),
- presentation and public speaking skills,
- your teaching, coaching, mentoring skills (teaching what you've learnt is an important learning method),
- physical environment (eliminating interruptions, noise, having good temperature, lightning etc.),
- social environment (family and friend support)
- financial situation and support.
Some of these internal and external learning system elements have huge impact of your overall learning effectiveness.
You are also going to learn about various learning strategies and principles e.g. deliberate learning, habit change and strategic thinking.